Friday, March 4, 2011

A new addition to the family :)

Who would have ever thought it takes 3 machines to make one nappy???

Well it does... I would have laughed if you told me this 6 months ago!!!! Stitch is great for all the fancy work, but then there's the over locker Larry, and then this new baby... I have been waiting for one of these makes to pop up and I was in great luck today (just in time too, mind you).

This machine is a Swiss make and even though it does not look so flash - trust me - it makes up with grunt! It powers through 7 layers... Yes - 7 LAYERS - happily. Stitch would have had a heart attack!!!

So not long now until my first stocking.....

It has been a massive six month work up to this point I have mixed emotions, as any one would. It is like birthing a new baby in a way... I am very excited, as well as a little tired from all the hard work of growing Bare Rumps.

I am learning a lot about myself in this process. It feels so good to be creative again after my year-long focus on my daughter as a baby. Now it will be that magical act of balancing motherhood vs artist. I intend to do both to the best of my ability.

Well I have had a fair ramble tonight, thus thank you if you made it this far! :)


Up to the studio now to finish the last of the boosters and hopefully get some cloth wipes on the cutting table.  (Oh is that a box of nappies in the back ground... Ooops..! You were not ment to see them ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment