Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Help me name BR's future edition to the family!

Maybe you thought by the heading I was pregnant?!?


Well truth be known, I have been baking something - but the non screaming and burping type! >.<


Many of you know I have been working on my own pattern over the last 8 months, and to them who do not... Well, you know now!


It's been a slow going process between motherhood, and being in the studio, and the sheer fact it takes ages to draft your own pattern! Nonetheless I have made steady progress though these many months. Every few weeks I find myself opening a nice bottle of red, having a glass, and hitting the studio: drafting and cutting, wasting a little more minki, oops! And a little more! ( My pile of "duds" is getting quite impressive!)


This making a pattern business is tricky! I have mocked up, frocked up and sewn up half a dozen patterns - all not quite fitting... but... the last one I think I finally cracked it!


 And that was just the large ones! Oh dear! Now I need to start on the mediums, and then the smalls! I could fairly say it might take me a whole year to get a full range of sizes!


ANYWAY!


It's 1:00am and I cannot sleep - I am a late owl!
 My brain is busy as a little madhatter, bumble bee!
So I figure it's a good time to blog.


I am very close to finishing up on the custom orders for the year, and thinking about the holidays: what am I thinking about doing during my holidays? Spending a good chuck of time getting this pattern fit for 2012!


This is where I would love your input... come into the picture and help be apart of BR!


I need a name for my nappy pattern!


I figure I want to draw inspiration from the Thylacine tiger. This is what inspired the Bare Rumps logo: A stylised image design inspired by the real tiger's paw print.








So! 
Simply add your ideas to "name" my pattern. 
Name up to 6 names per person (preferably in one comment) separated by commas.


In order to post your comment you need to select an option from the drop-down box to "sign" your comment.


 Choose an appropriate option and then proceed to complete the word verification to allow the comment to post. If you do not have any of the accounts that come up under the options listed, choose the option "Name/URL" and enter your full name in that.



Comments are moderated, so please allow a bit of time for me to approve them. If you are signing in as anon, please leave your name in the comment after your ideas so if you win I can do a shout out.


NOW... 


To the exciting part!


I will draw on one name I like the most as the winner, and that name will become the name of my pattern, and as a token of my appreciation will be giving out the exclusive password to my website so that when I am activating items under lock and key before stocking time, you will have 20 odd minutes of leisurely time of carting 2 nappies from my first 2012 stocking!


I am back to work on the 2nd of Feb. in the studio, and working towards a good size stocking for March. 


So ladies... Fire away! Throw me with some ideas to name my pattern, inspired by the Tassie Tiger. 


I will announce a winner mid Feb 2012. 




- Jerry Red 



31 comments:

  1. Bare Rumps - Thylacine Tush, Bare Rumps - Paige, Bare Rumps - Tiger, Bare Rumps - Jerry's Joy, Bare Rumps - Rawr!, Bare Rumps - Extinct?

    Lol I suck at this! Yay for your new pattern! xx

    Sabrina Johnson xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerry, cool idea! Congrats on working what I'm sure will be an awesome pattern :) okay, my ideas:

    Wolfpouch
    DiemenDogs
    Rare Rumps!

    If I think of more, I'll post another comment :)

    Meg H (megalonian@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rare Rump,
    The Pretty Paw,
    The Stripey Diapy,
    The Tiger Pouch,
    The Apex,
    The Bounty Hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tazzy tushee, island tush, plush pouch, forest rump
    Ok that's my 6 now! Sorry I did it over a few >_< gd luck Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiger Stripes
    Bare Wolf
    Bare Devil
    Tiger Tush
    Stunning Stripes
    Extinction

    ~Manda Tongue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise Moore (laridae @ yahoo.com)December 14, 2011 at 1:05 PM

    How about instead drawing some inpiration for the other unique Tasmanian marsupial who (with a bit of luck) woun't become extinct - but it does seem to be heading that way. The Tassie Devil.

    So I'd go with:
    Little Devils

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wild Heart

    Untamed nappies

    Secret Sighting

    michellewatts2011@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corrina (aborigional name for young tasmanian tiger) i love this one :)
    TasTye
    Tigor
    tastig

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thyla
    And I can't think of an others - yet!
    Can't wait to hear what you choose!
    Carley Valikoula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Distinctive diapers

    The distinctive diaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wild Rumps
    ExStinked ;)
    StriƩ Jeune
    Tushicine
    Thyrumptush
    Tassie Tush

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of mine is very similar to another, that wasn't showing when I typed it. Sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Tigris" (biological classification sub-name for Tiger)

    or

    Van Diemen's Delight / Van Diemen's Paw / Van Diemen's Deluxe (referring to the geography of Tassie)

    or

    Little Paw Pouches... Striped Stitches... Dervon Cut... Tigretta (little tiger)... That's about all I can think of at this time of the morning! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tiger Tush
    Tiger Tails

    Good luck - look forward to seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Devil Bum/s ; Devil Stripes ; Bare Stripes

    Yay for perfecting the pattern xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tasmanappy
    Paw Pouch
    Bare Tiger
    Little Thyla Rumps
    Plushie tushie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rare Rumps
    Benjamin by Bare Rumps (name of the last living Tasmanian Tiger)
    Tiger-Wolf
    Apple Island Rumps
    Tassie Rumps
    Derwent River Rumps
    Goodluck, and Corgratulations for you new venture Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  18. BennyBums (the last known living thylacine was referred to as Benjamin)

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1. I'm a Taz-Mania fan - so I'll go with "Wendell T. Wolf" - Characters in the early 1990s cartoon Taz-Mania included the neurotic Wendell T. Wolf, the last surviving Tasmanian wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tammy Tumeth
    Rumps style

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bare Prints
    (BR) Paw Prints
    Tiger Prints

    Amy Syvertsen

    ReplyDelete
  22. ranger or wrangler. as in bare rumps ranger, bare rumps wrangler :) lol they are stuck in my head, dunno why ;)

    Amy Wooley

    ReplyDelete
  23. Entries are now closed, no more comments please.

    ReplyDelete